Thursday, July 10, 2014

Meat and Potatoes by Rahm Fama with Beth Dooley

I adored this book. My husband and I are both 'meat and potatoes' people and this book was great at helping me find other ways to make the meat and potatoes. I was so excited to be getting this book because meat and potatoes are the main ingredients for most meals. The book itself is exquisitely put together. The cover is inviting and almost makes you instantaneously hungry.
Now, that we've talked about the book as a whole, let's take a look inside. The recipes are separated into six categories: beef, pork, chicken & turkey, lamb, game, and one-pot favorites. Each section has several recipes and the recipes are easy to read and understand. There are definitely more than a few that I can't wait to try, however there are a few that I almost salivate when I see the picture because they look so delicious. One of the ones that makes me want to salivate is the 5-B Burger with Smoked Paprika Parsnip Fries and Asparagus with Mint Hollandaise (p. 35). Now, I'm not a big fan of parsnip of asparagus, but this burger looks so delicious that I'd give the other things a try.
Doesn't that look amazing?

This book is wonderful and will really help with not knowing how you want to make your favorite meat and potatoes. My suggestion is that this cookbook should be in everyone's kitchen. It's definitely a keeper for me.
Trust me, you need this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment