Thursday, May 13, 2010

I wish....

I wish...

Ever wonder how to finish this statement. Ever wonder if the way you finish this statement will come true. Here are a few ways I'd finish this statement:

1. That I had started this blog before I had graduated.
2. That I didn't have to take the GRE.
3. That I could automatically go into the Counseling Psych program
4. That I didn't miss going to school :(
5. That I knew what I wanted to do with my life.

See what I mean, all these answers just lead to more questions and statements. This statement is never going to lead to something that I understand. It's so strange, one day I think that I know what I want to do with my life and the next I'm not so sure. For instance, for the last year I wanted to go into the forensic psychology program that UCO is trying to institute, but now I'm going to try to get into the Counseling program. I just think that I an do more good with counseling and all I've ever wanted to do with my life is something good for someone, the world, etc.

As for the GRE thing, it is the hardest, stupid test to study for. How do prepare for something that could have have any 200 of up to like 5,000 different vocabulary words on it, I mean really. Not to mention that I suck at math and the GRE is like the SAT, just math and verbal, oh and the analytical writing section, that is mostly just there to suck up time. UCO only expects you to get like a 900 on the stupid thing and I'm praying and hoping that I can do that.

As for wishing that I had started this blog before I had graduated, I really wish that I had because then I could have let out some frustration and anxiety. Graduating from college was one of the scariest things I have ever done, probably coming second to getting married with graduating from college running a close 3rd. It's something that you dream about and think about so much for such a long time that when it finally comes it's actually a little bittersweet. I mean on one hand, you're completely ecstatic that the day has finally come, but on the other you're wondering what you're going to do without having to go to lectures and write papers and take tests. I mean put it this way I graduated last Friday, May 7th and I'm already going nuts. I have to find something to do with my time, probably going to spend a lot of it studying for the GRE, yuck!

I'm looking for at least a part-time job so that I have time to work on the wonderful GRE stuff. Hopefully, having my B.A. will impress people and I'll find something at least halfway decent.

Okay, so I guess that is enough for today's ramblings, maybe tomorrow I'll have something more interesting to ramble about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment